Sunday, August 19, 2012

Something other than scarves


Every year at this time I get a little breather from scarf knitting. 
August is that funny limbo month between Winter and Spring. Oh, it's still cold in our part of the world at any rate, but aren't we are all dreaming of warmer weather and ditching the layers and layers and layers?
I'd been wondering what to do with a bit of left over yarn in my stash. A beautiful Jo Sharp yarn in a gorgeous red, but an odd not-quite-enough-for-anything 6 balls, and then a while ago I found this pattern.


I bought myself the needles, and discovered I could use that yarn I had.
Hooray!
Now, I'm a skinny needle knitter. I like an 8 ply and number 4 needles. I can clack away with that quite happily. So, I'll be honest, working with 2 strands of 8 ply yarn on great big number 9 needles wasn't my favourite knitting experience!
The upside? A brand new cardigan in less than a week!
And I love it.
(especially with my Delilah Devine brooch)
Knit your own with a free pattern download over here!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

It's lovely. It's red. I'm looking forward to seeing you flounce about in it! And yes - larger needles aren't pleasant. Too unwieldy, even if they produce near-instant gratification.

Frankie and Ray said...

I am flouncing about right now! Glad you are of the same opinion about those wretched big needles. Means to an end! xx

Crayon Chick said...

Wow! This is fabulous, and it only took a week! I can do that (yeah, right, I din't think I'll have a week to spare until 2013! xx