Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The island formerly known as Ceylon


Preparations for making a quick getaway are in full swing here today.
Let's just say that I'm an anxious traveller, so I'm double and triple checking everything.
I'm annoying myself, and can't wait until we're out the door tomorrow morning.
We'll be flying over the Indian Ocean to the beautiful island of Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks.
I'm looking forward to perhaps learning to drink their most famous export, Ceylon tea, and enjoying the lush tea garden landscapes. There's bound to be some curry, and some heat, some good old fashioned sight seeing, and some time just catching up on some reading by a beach.
I feel better already!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Safe travels love!

Mookah Studio said...

Don't overdo the tea drinking! Have a lovely trip and see you soon!

Crayon Chick said...

I feel better already just imagining your holiday! Love the picture, don't forget your new frocks and happy travels! mwah

Lizeylou said...

I am so envious .. have the most wonderful time!

small forest said...

Im sorry I missed saying goodbye. Ill be waiting for youre return though. Have a wonderful time, im sure you will! x