Monday, August 29, 2011

Home sweet home


Hello again, back again in Skenes Creek.
It's nice to be home! 
I am in the afterglow of a fantastic holiday and now I'm contemplating the 6 piles of washing that need to be done, the empty fridge, and the pile of mail...all in the slightly befuddled state that you get when you lose a night somewhere over the Indian Ocean between Colombo and Singapore!
Nothing like the domestic to bring you back down to earth with a thump.
To ward off any post Sri Lanka blahs, I've been trying to choose a selection of photos to show you here, and have just ended up spending too much time not being able to decide!
So perhaps today we'll just start with this one, the happiest elephant fountain I've ever clapped eyes on, in the cutest, kitschest little park in the heart of Kandy, where we discovered that this was the place for young lovers to have a little cuddle and share their lunch.
Sweet!

4 comments:

small forest said...

Welcome back Jo!
Sounds like you had a gloriously romantic time then, good for you.

What? only six loads of washing? thats my (almost) everyday haul. Sheesh. I need to be the towel nazi again.
Happy unpacking, x

Fiona said...

Welcome home! I'm sorry we missed you this weekend. The weather was glorious, and it made us feel quite alive. Glad to know you are home safe and sound, with plenty of stories to tell, I'll bet!

Crayon Chick said...

I laughed only because it sounds like me on any given day spending way too much time not being able to decide on most things! How fabulous you're back. I can't wait to hear the stories, and I do love the elephant fountain! mwah

Mookah Studio said...

Oh, so good to have you home again Jo! We even turned on a little bit of sunshine for your return. Glad you had a great trip, look forward to hearing all about it.