Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lucky me

I ordered a little something from Two Degrees the other day.
This is the other little business of my clever friend Anne.
I can't go into any more detail here, and don't tell the old bloke!
Anyway, when the most enormous parcel arrived in the mail yesterday, I couldn't believe it.


Inside were a few fine knit jumpers, including this very special, very vintage, beautiful blue and brown floral one.
See the label? It reads 'Made in Italy for Myer's'.
What a treasure indeed.


Some glorious pieces of kimono silks.
I love all those pinky reds, and I think the spots might just be my favourite.


A vintage souvenir tablecloth in absolute mint condition.
I can see this going to the beach for a picnic in the next week or two!
(too special to cut up)


And, as if all that weren't enough, there's this gorgeously wrapped present as well.
I'm saving this one for Christmas Day.
Thank you Anne, you've spoilt me rotten!
Lucky me!

5 comments:

anne said...

Ohh... I hope you do get some use out the bits and pieces :) I thought you might like the spots! Yes! The vintage jumper is SO lovely...
So good to hear you'll save the pressie to Christmas day - I hope you like it :)
xx

Frankie and Ray said...

How could I not you lovely girl! I'm awash with so much gorgeouse stuff, a big kiss to you! Jo x

small forest said...

That jumper is a rare one for sure. Lovely blues and browns. It makes me want to explore fabric printing. So much to do so little time...

Fiona said...

You lucky girl! Earlier this year I drove over the Story Bridge during my first adult visit to Brisbane. I was with my Mum who was born there when my grandparents moved up for work in the 30s. My grandfather worked on the Story Bridge, so it holds a new fascination for me! Have a fabulous Christmas - catch you in the new year!

Frankie and Ray said...

I love that all those old souvenir linens can invoke some fantastic stories and memories - it's all part of their special appeal for me! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy your family holiday Fiona! Looking forward to seeing you in 2011! Jo x