Thursday, March 11, 2010

Week of Scarves : Thursday


Thursday already!
I feel I'm just warming to my topic!
Ahem.
Today's beautiful scarf is from another gorgeous Melbourne girl, Morgan Wills.
Morgan is another to be making good use of unloved jumpers to felt the wool and turn them into the most deliciously colour combined scarves and blankets.
She also makes kilt pin brooches, mumma and baby babushka dolls, the most heavenly felt bead strings and lots of other goodies.
Her eye and feeling for colour is truly a thing of joy. And wouldn't this scarf take the Melbourne passion for black into a whole new dimension?
Morgan is also one of the organisers of the Maribyrnong Makers Market, one of my most favourite Melbourne markets to be at, and only a bit over a week until the first one for 2010.
I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Crayon Chick said...

oh I just love Morgan's work, all those colours 'make my heart sing'! We've just been talking about our heating and the necessary maintenance required before winter. It's certainly getting closer to scarf weather!

Morgan Wills said...

Thanks for the lovely words Jo (& Michelle)! I too am looking forward to the next market! Stay wonderfully warm & woolly! Keep up the good work girls!